1.06.2013

Low Calorie Chicken in Foil Recipe

With the start of the new year, many of us are trying to eat healthier to make up for all the holiday goodies. This is my go-to healthy, easy dinner. It's nothing fancy, but I hope you enjoy!

Click photo to enlarge

1) I like to put a sandwich baggie in this tall measuring cup to make marinating the chicken easier. I add whatever ingredients the marinate package calls for, usually a little vegetable oil, water, and vinegar. Then I zip the baggie, squish around the ingredients, and put the baggie on a plate to marinate for several hours (my chicken starts frozen). 

2) Here are the main ingredients: I like to use Crisco butter flavored non-stick spray on the foil. I also use Grill Mates seasoning packets for the marinate, a can of cut green beans, and of course some boneless skinless chicken breasts.
*Cleanup tip: pour the extra marinate down the sink and throw away the baggie.*

3) Place the foil on a pan, spray it with non-stick spray, put the chicken on the foil, top with a can of green beans (after rinsing and draining them), then add salt and pepper (or any other seasonings you want).

4) Fold the foil to create a pouch. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

We eat this several times a week and keep it fresh by using different marinate flavors. I'm very picky about how meat tastes (I generally do not like chicken cooked in a skillet), and this recipe tastes as close to grilled as possible--great for winter months. When we are being extra healthy, we leave out the crescent rolls, but I was craving some bread tonight.

I hope you enjoy this simple recipe. I'd love to hear from you if you try it!

PS: A sweet friend told me that she also uses these marinates and she cuts the oil by at least half and adds a little more water or vinegar in its place, making this even fewer calories!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips