9.03.2013

The Wardrobe Experiment: Day 30

\
I hope everyone had a relaxing Labor Day weekend! I spent as much time with Zach as possible because he left for a month long rotation yesterday. He is still in Arkansas, although it's about 3 hours away from home, and he will work seven days a week. This month will be difficult, but I am also thankful that it is only 4 weeks when other medical students have to spend much longer away from home during fourth year.

Today I was inspired by the Trend Spin Linkup featuring lace. This skirt is the only all-lace item in my closet, so I accepted the challenge to finally wear this "someday" item. 
The Fashion Canvas
Why I stopped wearing it:
I got this skirt 2-3 years ago from NY&Co. when I was having to dress up quite often for school and work. Now that I'm allowed to wear jeans everyday, I've avoided skirts and dresses Monday-Friday. I haven't worn this skirt in at least a year.
Why I kept it:
I fell in love with with this skirt when I saw it, and it is truly the most comfortable skirt I've ever worn. Lace is currently a big trend, but I've always loved the feminine detail it adds. And why would you get rid of a classic yet unique black skirt that is truly comfortable? You wouldn't.
How I styled it:
This striped top is from Loft, and it's the last of my summer purchases that I was "saving" for back to school. It's very soft and has an exposed zipper detail in the back. Even though it's still a bit too warm to need a jacket, I couldn't resist adding this faux leather quilted moto jacket that I found for $18 at F21 over the weekend. I am not exaggerating when I say that I've been looking for the right faux leather jacket for over a year. I've ordered and returned several, all costing somewhere between $30-50, but finding this gem made it worth the wait. I really like how this outfit mixed the softness of the lace and the hardness of the leather. For accessories, I chose my tassel necklace, gold spike bracelet, and black/gold pave earrings.
The verdict:
Of course I'm keeping this skirt. Of all the "someday" items I've worn so far, this is probably the one I've been most excited about wearing again. Thank you to Walking Memphis in High Heels, The Fashion Canvas, and Kacie's Kloset for hosting this lace inspired linkup! 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Chic look lady! Stopping by from the trend spin link up!

    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this this look! Girly with a touch of tough, you nailed it! Thanks for checking out and commenting on http://www.stilettoedtosteeltoed.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites. Love the stripes, lace and leather together! Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips