9.01.2013

The Wardrobe Experiment: Day 29

 Sunday has turned into my wear a dress that hasn't been worn in years day. I can get away with being a little more dressed up at church, plus I'm not stuck for too long if it ends up being uncomfortable. I didn't realize I had an Audrey Hepburn thing happening until I was already dressed, but that's not a bad thing in my book!
Why I kept it:
What woman gets rid of a LBD? I'm pretty sure I got this at JCP a few years ago, and I've probably only worn it once or twice since then (not at all during the last year).
Why I stopped wearing it:
I suppose I just don't live a lifestyle worthy of the LBD, or at least that's what I told myself. But one of the best parts of the wardrobe experiment has been wearing pieces I genuinely still like that I just didn't think I could or should wear without a special occasion.
How I styled it:
I think this belt actually came with the dress, and I wore my favorite gold stud earrings and a couple of fun bracelets. My spiked leather clutch was a find from @shopmasons yesterday for $35! It has a detachable strap, so it easily converts to hands-free. Loving it. 
How I felt:
A little dressier than usual, but surprisingly comfortable and confident.
The verdict:
The LBD lives on!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips