8.24.2013

The Wardrobe Experiment: Day 21

We've had a great Saturday! I've been pretending that I don't have lesson plans to create, and I really think I needed that today. We started off by meeting Emily from The Sweetest Thing blog and her husband, John, for brunch at a local place known for its great breakfast. My husband and John are both fourth year medical students, so we can all relate to the wild ride of medical school and now residency applications/matching. Emily and I are actually from the same small town and were a grade apart in school. We haven't seen each other in person in years, and I loved catching up with her today! 

Why I kept it:
This simple black top feels like your favorite old t-shirt. I got it a couple of years ago on clearance at The Limited, and I didn't see any harm in keeping such a classic piece, but it just hung in my closet after wearing it one or two times.
Why I stopped wearing it:
This is a very formfitting top, and I don't always feel like having my form fitted! I hope some of you can relate! 
How I styled it:
I went for this top to highlight a colorful necklace I just received in the mail. I got dressed, opened the package, and found the necklace broken in half. I wasn't very happy, but I didn't have time to change. I substituted my favorite statement necklace, bracelet, belt, top tucked in, done. 
How I felt:
Comfortable and happy to be getting use out of an unworn top (that is the point of the wardrobe experiment, after all!). 

Later this afternoon we went to a get together for the med students and their families at a local doctor's house. We hung out around the pool in the heat, so I'm glad I changed into shorts.
Why I kept it:
I kept this shirt because I like the color and because it's so darn comfortable. But the shorts are the real unworn item here. They haven't left my drawer in two years, but I kept them for their fun print.
 Why I stopped wearing it:
Shorts just aren't my thing.
How I styled it:
I wore a light pink top with these shorts when I first bought them, so wearing them with a mint green top felt new. I added a trusty bubble necklace and headed off to the pool!
How I felt:
Happy to get some wear out of another unused item. And comfortable...I always need to feel comfortable...ya'll know this.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips