8.05.2013

The Wardrobe Experiment: Day 5


On this final Monday before my contract begins, I had the pleasure of getting a TB skin test and turning in insurance forms. I didn't want to invest too much time or energy in getting ready to run these errands, so I threw up my hair. To save it from being totally boring, I added a headband. Once that was in place, I thought a little makeup wouldn't hurt. And by the time that was said and done, I figured I might as well put on "real" clothes. 

 had every intention of staying in my favorite running shorts (mostly used for the opposite of running), but what's the point of having a closet full of clothes if I avoid wearing them? In addition to being thankful for what I have and deciding once and for all what stays and what goes, the wardrobe experiment is also causing me to make more of an effort to look and feel my best on a (somewhat) daily basis. 
Why I kept it:
I've had this black v-neck for several years, but I can't remember the last time I wore it. I kept it because it's a classic piece, and logic tells me it should come in handy at some point. I bought the striped capris in March and have worn them several times. 
Why I stopped wearing it:
If I want to wear a t-shirt, why not just grab one that's an XL and more suited for use as pajamas? Seriously though, this t-shirt is every bit as comfortable as any other t-shirt I own, so there's no good reason why I avoided it for so long. 
How I styled it:
I'm all about simplicity in fashion. Nothing too fussy or forced. But I'm trying to stretch myself (even if only a tiny bit), so I wore this with a headband, stud earrings, monogram initial necklace, and bangles.
How I felt:
I felt relatively comfortable (I'm so used to wearing flats!) and happy with this outfit. 
The verdict:
These pieces will be staying!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips